Sunday, April 1, 2012

grrr

Well, needless to say, I'm still trying to figure this blogger stuff out. I'm trying to find a page that suits me and its just not coming together! So I'm sure it will change again soon, I cant find the right text color to match my background. If anyone has suggestions, send 'em my way! Today was general conference and I think I need to visit my family more often, I was so busy talking and catching up, I missed a lot of the talks! ha ha guess I'll have to read them later, I heard there were some good ones. Most of the posts I've seen on it, have been about judging. That's a good thing, cause I think we get dogged a lot as Mormons for the judging thing. I also spent a good part of conference braiding/weaving headbands out of old t-shirts with my cousins. It was pretty fun! I've decided I need to do more crafts than I do. I made a flower headband last night and an extra fabric flower, but I don't know what I will do with that yet...... 

These are my projects from the last few days 1. 4 headbands and 2 bracelets that I made today. 2. the same headbands close up so you can see the weave. 3. The flower headband I made last night, I experimented with burning the edges, it worked all right, I like the look. 4. A pair of earrings I made forever ago. Best part is the fish came out of a quarter machine and they are squishy! :) 5. The other fabric flower I made and haven't used yet......







 All in all today was a great day, but this weekend I made salsa and did crafts in the living room, so I need to go and clean this place up before my roomie gets home from St. George tonight! ;)  

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have to aree it's hard to read the text with the background, but I like the background. And I like the headbands. the braided ones, if they were stretchy I would totally wear one of those to the gym. I always wear headbands when I workout

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to make mine with only the stretch of the fabric to fit over my head. That way they are snug against my head but not tight. If you like them tight, to ensure they will stay on while exercising, they can be made with elastic bands :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background - but it was REALLY hard to read. Here's an idea - is it possible to center the white dress behind the test and use a dark font with two other dresses/models on each side? I think you really need a good solid background either light or dark with a subdued texture or pattern to make it easy to read. The other option would be to leave it as it is and make the post section of the blog NOT clear/see through.
    ... and yes getting the design is hard - problem with mine is that I keep working on the design and not the posting...
    SO KUDOS TO YOU for at least getting your thoughts out there while working on the rest.

    ReplyDelete