Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hit the Deck Running

My name is Kelli, I'm 22 years old and I figure it's about time I get started on life. Just 9 months and 5 days ago, on June 24th 2011 I packed my car and left my hometown and parents house to move to Mesa, AZ. With only what would fit in my 1995 Hyundai Accent I moved into a house with my cousin and his 4 roommates. They were kind enough to let me stay for free and even give me a twin mattress to sleep on while I tried for a month to get a job. I finally got a job at Circulation Technicians Inc. as a newspaper sales person and collector. Soon after that I also got a job at Sears selling Fine Jewelry. Once I knew I'd have enough money to pay rent I moved in with a girl named Jordyn Parry. Which is rather funny because my best friend of 10 years now is Jordan Perry! I know, weird. I've lived with Jordyn now for a while and I have been having a real blast here in AZ. But as much as I love partying all the time, having bonfires, and just having fun with my friends, I am accomplishing absolutely nothing here. Before I came here I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I spent a lot of my time here trying to figure that out. Recently I decided to return to Boise and start on making my dreams come true. Although my dreams have changed many times there has always been one constant. I have always wanted to make jewelry, clothes, and hair things, and to sell antiques. Actually doing these things has always seemed like a dream too big for a small town Idaho girl like me, and although I will get those feelings many times over the next few years, I know I will always have my friends and family there to lift me back up. For example, today, Jordan sent me a text and said "I feel like if you work hard enough, you will be more than you can possibly imagine". It was incredibly sweet of her, but awful, because I was at work and it made me cry! I just have to remember that I can do anything I want to do, if I'm willing to work hard enough to get it. So today is the start of my long journey of starting a business, and eventually owning a shop with everything I ever wanted. Its time to leave this world of lazy fun and, in the words of Extreme "Exit this building to the left, and hit the deck running".

No comments:

Post a Comment